Welcome to the Homepage for National Charter Schools Week 2005The Charter School Leadership Council is once again coordinating National Charter Schools Week, May 1 - 7, 2005. This is a week for celebration, a chance to recognize and congratulate charter leaders, students, parents, teachers, and supporters for all of their great accomplishments. But it's also a week for work! Charter advocates, whether in schools or the organizations that supprt them, need to reach out to the media, elected officials, business leaders, and the public. Invite them into schools, and show how America's charter schools are offering new choices and transforming lives. Let's connect with new audiences and increase understanding and support for charters. If we seize this opportunity, National Charter Schools Week will be an enormous success and advance our ultimate mission: making an excellent public education available to all children.
So, what is CSLC doing?We're providing several valuable resources to help state organizations and schools prepare for NCSW
NCSW Kick-Off Event: Monday, May 2, Thurgood Marshall Acdemy, Washington, DC
- President Bush's official NCSW Proclamation
We've enlisted several prominent elected leaders to serve as Honorary Co-Chairs.
- Regular email updates with new information on events and activities. If you're not receiving our messages and would like to, please send a note to[email protected].
- Official NCSW 2005 logo inpdfand eps
- The2005 NCSW Leaders Guide, a brochure with creative ideas on how charter leaders can plan for and publicize the week. Schools should receive copies of the brochure from their state associations by early April.
- The2005 Tool Kit
- ANCSW e-greetingthat can be appended to email messages. Just add it as an attachment and it will appear at the bottom of your messages.
- Amedia advisoryannouncing the week on a statewide level
- Amedia advisoryfor schools to use in promoting their events
- The final pre-NCSWmedia advisoryto generate last minute buzz
- Atemplate letter for use in inviting legislators to school events
- Atemplate postcardfor use by state associations in encouraging legislators to visit schools in their district.
- Templates forpromotional materials. We've designed a NCSW 2005 pencil, mug, ruler, and bookmark so you can produce special materials for teachers and families and create lasting memories of the week.
- Sample letters and press releases to help you contact government leaders, families, reporters, and editors.
We're reporting on the state of charter schooling across the nation in our new feature, "What's Happening in...?"
- Include these names in your promotional materials to give these leaders the recognition they deserve and to show charters' broad support.
- Send a message to these leaders and let them know that you appreciate their continued support for charter schools.
We've put together a list of some of the most interesting state charter school activities